Via Battle.net (Blizzard):
To get the latest news and interact with the community, visit our StarCraft II website. Be sure to check out our Game Guide for an in-depth look at StarCraft II gameplay. We wish you all the best on your journeys through the embattled Koprulu Sector!
- The Standard (US) and Standard for Lefties (US) hotkey configurations are now available in all regions.
- A new game clock has been added. Players can now instantly see how long they've been in their current mission or match. This feature can be turned on or off in the Gameplay Options menu.
- A new Quick Save option is now available for the single-player campaign. Players can now quickly save their mission progress by pressing Ctrl + Q.
- A new System Panel has been added. Players can now view their local time and FPS while in game by mousing over the Menu (F10) button in the upper-left hand corner of the game screen. Laptop users can also view Wi-Fi signal strength and battery levels.
- Sight granted by death reveal no longer lifts Fog of War. Units revealed in this manner are not targetable.
- (Mac only) Moved StarCraft II data files and settings from the Documents folder into the Application Support folder.
- Support for NVIDIA 3D Vision has been added. To experience StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty in 3D on your desktop or notebook, you will need 3D Vision. For more information, visit www.nvidia.com/Starcraft3D
- Zealot Build time increased from 33 to 38.
- Warp Gate cooldown increased from 23 to 28.
- Battlecruiser Ground damage decreased from 10 to 8.
- Bunker Build time increased from 30 to 35.
- Reaper Build time increased from 40 to 45.
- Siege Tank Siege mode damage changed from 50 to 35 (+15 armored).
- Upgrade damage changed from +5 to +3 (+2 armored).
- Ultralisk Ram ability removed. Ultralisk will now use normal attack against buildings.
- Damage decreased from 15 (+25 armored) to 15 (+20 armored).
- Destructible Rocks have been added to make natural expansions easier to protect.
- Center Xel'Naga Tower area has been narrowed.
StarCraft II Editor Improvements
- Added new requirement types: Odd, Divide, Mod, Multiply.
- Added a chance field to effect data.
- Added support for the Slider dialog control type.
- Added a trigger to deal damage from a unit.
- Added a trigger event response to provide the amount a player or unit property changes.
- Added a trigger event when an effect executes.
- New Trigger Editor functions:
- Save Data Conversation State Value (Action).
- Load Data Conversation State Value (Action).
- Players On Team (returns Player Group associated with teams in game lobby).
- Unit Owner Changes (Event).
- Old Unit Owner (returns player ID in response to Unit Owner Changes).
- New Unit Owner (returns player ID in response to Unit Owner Changes).
- XP, Level, and Bounty unit properties can now be modified by triggers.
- Banks now save/restore XP, learned abilities, and items.
- Message Window now includes a time stamp for each message.
- An actor event is now dispatched when a missile cannot hit its target.
- When loading documents with Battle.net-only dependencies, you will now be prompted to log in and download the dependency data, rather than failing to load.
- Game variants now automatically use the default melee variants for new maps, without requiring manual generation. This will not take effect for maps created prior to this patch.
- The Custom game variant is no longer automatically included when other non-default variants are defined.
- Increased the maximum recharge vital rate for heal effects.
- Chat windows no longer vanish when exiting a multiplayer map or campaign mission.
- Fixed an issue where players would still receive toasts when their status was set to busy.
- Default race in a game lobby is now properly set to Random.
- Players can now configure the lobby for 1v5 matches.
- The search functionality for map searches has been improved.
- Lobby hosts will now receive a toast when an invited player declines an invitation.
- Custom game lobbies will now remember the game mode chosen under a category.
- Fixed an issue where changing the category to "Custom" would default the teams to 5v3.
- Fixed an issue where custom maps could not be reported from the map preview screen.
- If a unit loads into a transport, missiles targeting it will no longer target similar units in the area.
- Structures damaged during construction will no longer count towards structures lost.
- Fixed an issue where builders waiting for an area to clear could block units trying to leave the area.
- Fixed an issue with inventory drop range checks.
- Fixed an issue that, in certain cases, allowed a command to be issued that did not appear on the command card
- Queue tooltips now display information about what is in progress.
- Fixed an issue where the back button would not always return players to the score screen properly.
- Marines trained at multiple Barracks will now prefer a Barracks with a Reactor over one with a Tech Lab or no attachment.
- SCVs will now load into the closest Command Center if multiple are within range.
- Creep now recedes properly when an AI-controlled Hatchery, Lair, or Hive is destroyed.
StarCraft II Editor
- The Player Leaves Game event now fires when a player leaves or they are defeated/victorious.
- Loading screen progress bar option now works when using Melee loading screen type.
- Test Document now works properly on maps with Battle.net-only dependencies.
- Publishing a new file using Major revision will now properly set the document version to 1.0.
- Publish dialog now properly remembers the Show Real Name setting from previous publish.
- File preview panel now displays author's real name if that option was set during publishing.
- The Import module will now allow importing an override Assets.txt file.
- Undoing a terrain object modification will now also undo associated terrain changes.
- Editor will display document text from another locale if no text for the active locale exists.
- Copying points with custom models will display the model properly on the pasted point.
- It is no longer possible to have multiple default variants in the Game Variants dialog.
- Removed icon support for attribute and variant definitions, as Battle.net does not display these.
- Fixed issues with invalid map bounds when creating 32x32 maps.
- Fixed issues with poor performance in the Terrain Editor when scroll bars are visible.
- Fixed issues with drag-and-drop in Trigger Editor when tracking is not enabled.
- Fixed an issue that would cause a crash if multiple unit forms had too many abilities.
- Fixed an issue with temporary publish names in the Publish dialog still verifying the original name.
- Fixed an issue with the Unit Manipulates Item trigger.
- Fixed excessive delays on some systems when saving files using the Smaller Files option, and also when publishing Locked files.
- Fixed preview panel display in Terrain Editor palettes.
- Fixed performance issues in Terrain Editor when modifying terrain with many road tiles on the map.
- Fixed initial display of variables in the Trigger Debugging Window.
- Fixed generated script for built-in attribute values, which caused them to not be accessed properly.
- Fixed action list when modifying a Custom Script action without sub-views enabled.
- Fixed loading map dependency data.
- Fixed an issue where loading complex bank files would cause the client to disconnect from Battle.net.
- Fixed an issue where unplugging headphones could cause the game to freeze.
- Fixed an issue where XP systems running with Unicode characters enabled could prevent a player from starting a multiplayer game.
If you have ever been to this website before, you should have noticed the BNLS Server Status panel on the right, along with the Battle.net Server Status panel. These two panels contain servers that you can use with your Battle.net bots.
Now what most people probably knew, these servers do not get updated periodically, so servers would appear online when they are truly offline, and vice versa. This is no more.
I have created a simple program that connects to any MySQL server, retrieves the table full of servers, connects to each server individually, and then updates its online/offline status. I also enabled a timer that I can set to any interval I want (I can make it every 30 seconds, or even once every day if I want).
So basically all I am saying is that these server panels are now periodically checked for uptime status and will be updated accordingly. Right now I have that interval set to every 5 minutes, but I may variate it occasionally for my own reasons without notice. I would also like to stress that these servers are checked from my computer using my internet, this means that if I cannot connect to them or an error occurs while connecting, the server will be marked offline, even if you are able to successfully connect. If such a case occurs however, to where my internet does not function properly, then I probably would not be able to update the servers anyway, so you shouldn't worry about this.
- Fixed an issue preventing some players from accessing offline play from the login screen.
I had taken notice that all (most, anyway) the BNLS packets were still on the Raw-setting, meaning they were new and documentation for them was changing often.
I have since then updated all of them to the Normal-setting, which means they are documented and nothing is changing anytime soon; they are considered final and any revisions will be made in a new packet id. While I was doing this, I had also noticed that the format of most of the packets were not formatted conveniently and the related links were not given or were wrong, so I also updated the formats so they display conveniently and I added the proper related links.
I also added a new BNLS packet that is not really part of the official documentation, but was necessary to add since it can be received on some servers running BNLSWarden. The packet id is
0xFF, which indicates that your IP has been restricted. All BNLS-enabled clients will operate normally without recognition of this packet, but if a client wishes to support it, they are more than welcome to. It will never be received unless the server sends it to you after you connect. More information about the packet can be found in its remarks section.
Along with that new packet, I also added the BNLS_WARDEN packets, but I did a poor job. Anyone with editor access: feel free to revise it.
- Fixed an issue where campaign mission victories would not always trigger properly.
- Fixed an issue where some players were unable to access single-player features.